Other third parties, such as small and medium businesses (“SMBs”) at which you make reservations through our Sites, issuers of Merchant Gift Cards you purchase through our Sites, and social networks that you use in connection with our Sites, may also collect, use, and share information about you. This Policy does not cover such third parties or their services. For information about third-party privacy practices, please consult with them directly.
Part I – Types of Information We Collect and the Methods of Collection.
We collect information about you in various ways when you use our Sites. We use this information to, among other things, provide the functionality and improve the quality of our Sites and personalize your experience. We may collect the following categories of personal information from you:
1. Identifiers: such as your name, surname, business name, email address, postal address, phone number (including your mobile phone number), logo, profile photo.
2. Demographic information: such as your age, birthdate, and gender.
3. Financial information: such as billing information and, for certain services on our Sites, credit or debit card account information, as further described in the section called “Payment Card Information” below.
4. Commercial information: such as, survey responses, current and prior appointments details, favorite SMBs, special SMB requests, passwords, contact information of people you add to, or notify of, your appointments through our Sites, names and email addresses of recipients.
5. Location information: such as your mobile device ID, your precise location data, and the SMB search locations you select, which are collected if you use our mobile application, either to book an appointment or to pay.
6. Inferences regarding your preferences and other characteristics: such as assessment of the types of products or services you may have interest in made by Webook at the basis of personal information provided by you and described in points 1-5 above.
We may also obtain information from other sources, such as third-party websites, applications, and services (each, a “Third-Party Platform”), through which you connect with our Sites and combine that with information we collect on our Sites.
When you visit our Sites, some information is automatically collected. For example, when you visit our Sites, we may automatically collect your location, computer operating system, Internet Protocol (IP) address, access times, browser type and language, and the website you visited before our Sites. We also collect information about your usage and activity on our Sites using certain technologies, such as:
2. Web Beacons. We may collect information using web beacons. Web beacons are electronic images that may be used on our Sites or in our emails. We use web beacons to deliver cookies, count visits, understand usage and campaign effectiveness, and tell whether you open an email and act upon it.
3. Do Not Track Signals. We currently do not employ technology that recognizes “do-not-track” signals from your browser. We may engage third parties, such as marketing or analytics partners, who may collect information about your online activities over time and across different websites when you use our Sites.
Part II – How We Use Information We Collect.
We use personal information collected through our Sites for the purposes described in this Policy or disclosed to you on our Sites or otherwise in connection with our services. We may use your information to:
1. Make and change your appointments made through our Sites.
2. Operate and improve our Sites, products, and services;
3. Understand you and your preferences to enhance, personalize, and customize your experience and enjoyment using our Sites, products, and services, such as understanding your appointment history to make recommendations about other SMBs you may like;
4. Display relevant advertising;
5. Respond to your comments and questions and provide customer service;
6. Send you information relating to our products and services, including reservation confirmations, receipts, technical notices, updates, security alerts, and support and administrative messages;
7. Communicate with you about contests, offers, promotions, rewards, upcoming events, and other news about products and services offered by Webook, our subsidiaries, and affiliates; select SMBs; and our other selected partners;
8. Authenticate your credit or debit card account information;
9. Protect, investigate, and deter against fraudulent, unauthorized, or illegal activity. By providing your mobile phone number, you expressly consent to receive direct dial calls, autodialed and prerecorded message calls, and text messages from us relating to our product and services at that number.
Webook may store and process personal information in the United States and other countries.
We will process your data:
- for the conclusion and performance of the contract – until the contract is terminated or expires, and then until the end of the limitation period for claims;
- for direct marketing of Webook products or services – until the termination or expiry of the contract or until you object to the processing of your data for this purpose;
- for research into preferences in terms of demand for services – until the termination or expiry of the contract or until you object to processing for that purpose;
- for the purpose of establishing, investigating or defending against claims – until the end of the limitation period for claims;
- to comply with legal obligations – until the expiry of data retention obligations under the law;
- in order to produce compilations, analyses, statistics for internal needs – for the duration of the agreement and then until the end of the limitation period for claims arising from the agreement or until an objection is raised to data processing for this purpose;
Part III – How We Share Information.
1. Information Shared with SMBs. When you make an appointment through our Sites, your information is provided to us and to the SMB with whom you choose to make the appointment. In order to facilitate your appointment, your information is provided to that SMB, just as it would if you made an appointment by calling the SMB, emailing the SMB, or using the SMB’s website. If you provide a mobile phone number, SMBs may send you text messages regarding your reservation. Some SMBs also require you to provide credit or debit card account information to secure your appointment. When you make an appointment through our Sites we may also share with the SMBs additional information, such as information about your history or information that we collect via Third-Party Platforms You also have the option of indicating special preferences or providing comments about your appointment that Webook will pass on to that SMB.
We may share with SMBs summary reports of feedback from clients. If you provide comments about a SMB through our Sites, these comments may be shared with that SMB. We will not tie your comments with other information that can identify you, but a SMB may be able to tell who you are from your comments, particularly if you give your name in the comments or provide contact information, such as an email address.
Information you choose to share with a SMB when you make an appointment and/or pay a SMB through our Sites may be used by the SMB for its own purposes. Webook does not control the privacy practices of SMBs. Please contact the SMB directly if you want to learn about its privacy practices.
2. Payment Card Information. To use certain services on our Sites, such as to make appointments with certain SMBs; to make payments to Webook, or other products or services, we may require credit or debit card account information. By submitting your credit or debit card account information through our Sites, you expressly consent to the sharing of your information with, third-party payment processors, and other third-party service providers, and you further agree to the following terms. Webook collects and processes ail payments on behalf of SMB through recognized professional payment gateway providers.
When you use a credit or debit card to secure a reservation through our Sites, we provide your credit or debit card account information (including card number and expiration date, but excluding the CW number) to our third-party payment service providers.
For information about the security of your credit or debit card account information, see Section called “Security of Your Personal Information” below.
4. Information You Share Socially. Our Sites may allow you to connect and share your actions, comments, content, and information publicly or with friends on Third-Party Platforms such as Facebook or Instagram. Our Sites may also allow you to connect with us on, share on, and use Third-Party Platforms, including those on which Webook has a presence.
Please be mindful of your personal privacy needs and the privacy needs of others as you choose whom to connect with and what to share and make public. We cannot control the privacy or security of information you choose to make public or share with others. Webook also does not control the privacy practices of Third-Party Platforms. Please contact those sites and services directly if you want to learn about their privacy practices.
5. Sharing with Others. We do not share your personal information with third parties other than as described above and as follows:
We may share personal information when you authorize us to share your information with other third parties (such as the SMBs at which you make appointments through our Sites) for their own marketing purposes, which are subject to the separate privacy policies of such third parties. We may share personal information with affiliates, third-party vendors, consultants, and other service providers who work for us.
We may share your credit or debit card account information with third parties as described in the section called “Payment Card Information” above.
We may share aggregate statistical data for the improvement of services offered by our Sites.
We share personal information with third parties who provide services to us, such as data collection, reporting, ad response measurement, and site analytics, as well as assistance with delivery of relevant marketing messages and advertisements. These third parties may view, edit, or set their own cookies. We and our third-party service providers, advertisers, and/or partners may also place web beacons for these third parties. The use of these technologies by these third parties is subject to their own privacy policies and is not covered by this Policy.
We do not sell your personal information to third parties.
We may disclose or transfer your personal information to a third party if we sell, transfer, divest, or disclose all or a portion of our business or assets to another company in connection with or during negotiation of any merger, financing, acquisition, bankruptcy, dissolution, transaction, or proceeding.
We may also share aggregated or de-identified information with third parties in our discretion.
Part IV – Security of Your Personal Information.
Webook takes reasonable steps to help protect your personal information in an effort to prevent loss, misuse, unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, and destruction. When your credit or debit card account information is being transmitted to our Sites or through our Sites, it will be protected by encryption technology, such as Secure Sockets Layer (SSL).
To be clear, Webook does not itself store your credit or debit card account information, and we do not have direct control over or responsibility for your credit or debit card account information. Our contracts with third parties that receive your credit or debit card account information require them to keep it secure and confidential.
Nonetheless, we cannot guarantee that transmissions of your credit or debit card account information or personal information will always be secure or that unauthorized third parties will never be able to defeat the security measures taken by Webook or our third-party service providers. We assume no liability or responsibility for disclosure of your information due to errors in transmission, unauthorized third-party access, or other causes beyond our control. You play an important role in keeping your personal information secure. You should not share your user name, password, or other security information for your Webook account with anyone. If we receive instructions using your user name and password, we will consider that you have authorized the instructions.
Part V – Your Rights Regarding Your Personal Information.
You have certain rights with regard to your personal information:
1. You have the right to know and request information about the categories and specific pieces of personal information we have collected about you within the last 12 months, as well as the categories of sources from which such information is collected, the purpose for collecting such information, and the categories of third parties with whom we share such information. You also have the right to know if we have disclosed your personal information for business purposes.
2. You have the right to update your personal information.
3. You have the right to request a portable copy of your personal information.
4. You have the right to request that Webook delete your personal information, subject to certain exceptions allowed under applicable law.
5. You have the right to not be discriminated against for exercising any of the above-listed rights. If you choose to exercise your rights, we won’t charge you different prices or provide different quality of services unless those differences are related to value provided to Webook by your data.
You may exercise these rights by contacting Webook in accordance with Part VII below. If you are a consumer under the California Consumer Privacy Act (“CCPA”) and wish to contact us through an authorized agent, the authorized agent can submit a request on your behalf along with a notice signed by you certifying that the agent is authorized to act on your behalf. We may take reasonable steps to verify your identity, including but not limited to verification of your email, prior to responding to your requests.
Webook declares to provide you with the information requested under Point 1 above free of charge, by email or electronically, within a 45 days of receipt of the request, in a portable and, to the extent technically feasible, in a readily usable format. Webook shall not be required, however, to provide you with your personal information more than twice in a 12-month period.
In addition to the above rights, you can update or remove financial account information. You can also deactivate your Webook account.
Part VI – Your Information Choices and Changes.
You may opt out of receiving promotional emails from Webook by following the instructions in those emails. If you opt out, we may still send you non-promotional emails, such as emails about your Webook account or our ongoing business relations. You may also send requests about your contact preferences or changes to your information, including requests to opt out of sharing your personal information with third parties, to our contact information below.
1. Cookie choices. Most web browsers are set to accept cookies by default. If you prefer, you can usually choose to set your browser to remove cookies and to reject cookies. If you choose to remove cookies or reject cookies, this could affect certain features or services of our Sites.
2. Application location choices. Most mobile devices allow you to turn off location services. For more information about how to do this, please contact your mobile service carrier or your device manufacturer. If you choose to turn off location services, this could affect certain features or services of our Sites.
Part VII – Notice to California Residents.
Your California Privacy Rights (As Provided by California Civil Code Section 1798.83)
A California resident who has provided personal information to a business with whom he/she has established a business relationship for personal, family, or household purposes (a “California Customer”) may request, once a year, information about whether we have shared his/her personal information with any third parties for the third parties’ direct marketing purposes, subject to certain exceptions. In general, again, subject to certain exceptions, if the business has made such a disclosure of personal information, upon receipt of a request by a California Customer, the business is required to provide a list of all third parties to whom it disclosed personal information in the preceding calendar year, as well as a list of the categories of personal information that were disclosed. To make such a request, please contact Webook according to Part VII above, and provide a detailed description of the specific content or information. Please allow 30 days for a response.
One of the exceptions allows Webook to provide California Customers a cost-free means to opt out of these disclosures instead of providing such list. Any customer may request to opt out of these disclosures by contacting Webook as described above. California Customers may also request further information about our compliance with this law by contacting us at our address above.
Part VIII – Children’s Privacy.
Webook services are not directed at children under the age of 16 and Webook has no actual knowledge of the sale of information of minors under 16 years of age.
By using Webook services, you represent that you are at least eighteen years old and understand that you must be at least eighteen years old in order to create an account and use Webook services.
Part IX – Changes to This Policy.
Webook may update or revise this Policy from time to time by prominently posting a notice of update to the Web site, by pushing a notice to registered Users of our Webook Application, and/or by contacting you at the email you provided upon registration. You agree that you will review this Policy periodically. If we make any changes to this Policy, we will change the “Last Updated” date. You are free to decide whether or not to accept a modified version of this Policy, but accepting this Policy, as modified, is required for you to continue using our Sites. If you do not agree to the terms of this Policy or any modified version of this Policy, your sole recourse is to terminate your use of our Sites.
Last update: 04.05.2023